Window shopping online:
Review for a watering can to water my 17 indoor plants—
Jamillah from Encino says:
“The watercan leaks and rusts.
It looks pretty but it does not hold water well.”
Nothing is made to last, and soup is the best dish I know how to make.
It is nourishment built on what you already have.
Use what you’ve already used, and make it new.
My favorite soup to make is lentil soup.
Lentils are lenses, hence the name.
Edible rays of light.
Little eyes, watching me.
I hate being watched while I cook.
But there they are, abundant little fucks, plumping in the hot soup.
nutrire to suckle; –
akin to Greek nan
to flow, –
Sanskrit snauti –
- 1 leftover smoked ham bone you ordered from Honeybaked Ham because you’re a privileged piece of shit
- 1 pound lentils (about 2 1/2 cups), picked and rinsed cause that’s the way my momma beat it into me
- 1 1/2 onions, chopped coarse, no need to make em’ pretty
- 1/2 a large cabbage
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 9 tbsp tomato chicken bouillon broth, this is the secret, you’re welcome
- 1 tsp organic garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 8 cups water
- In a 6- to 8-quart pot combine all ingredients and simmer soup, covered partially, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours, maybe—just pay attention to it, like it’s a man you want, but can’t have. Taste it, like you want to be tasted but aren’t. Remove meat from bone. Chop meat aggressively and stir into soup.